Dishwashers are right up there with our most use appliances and unfortunately from time to time things can go wrong. Most issues can be resolved with some basic troubleshooting.
If your dishwasher is having issues draining or experiencing an error during operation, the most likely reason is that there is a blockage somewhere (be it the drain pipe, base filter system or somewhere internally. We suggest the following troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue.
1. Start by removing the base filter completely, including the metal mesh filter and giving these a good rinse.
2. Whilst the filter is removed and wearing gloves to protect your hands, just check the filter housing within the base of your dishwasher to make sure there isn't any foreign objects (such as broken glass or a bone fragment).
3. Re-install the filters.
Now some steps to clear any internal blockage...
4. Turn dishwasher off at power point and leave off for 30 mins.
5. Slide the dishwasher out from cavity so the drain pipes are straightened- check for kinks in the inlet and drain hose.
Note: It's quite common over time for the dishwasher to be slid backwards and sometimes kinking the hoses.
6. Tilt the dishwasher back on a 45 degree angle for a few seconds, then lower back down. This can help to remove any internal blockage.
7. Whilst dishwasher is still pulled forward out from cavity, please try and run the dishwasher using the Intensive program. This program heats the water up to its hottest temperature and can help to clear an internal blockage also.
This should have resolved your issue and get your dishwasher back up and running. If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact our Customer Care team for further assistance.