Our washing machines are a work horse of our household and unfortunately issues can develop from time to time. The good news is however that most issues experienced with front load washing machines can be easily resolved through some troubleshooting.
Note: There are some basic maintenance steps that should be regularly performed on all front load washing machines, to ensure they last the test of time (including checking & cleaning the base drain pump filter).
If you are experiencing an issue with your front load washing machine, we suggest trying the following steps to resolve it.
- Unplug you washing machine at its power point (and leave for 15 minutes).
- Open the front access panel by clicking it downwards (the bottom piece running across the entire front) to access the drain pump filter.
Tip! Lay some towels down on the floor as there may be some water discharged.
3. Unscrew the filter in an anti-clockwise direction and remove the filter from its housing.
4. Ensure that the filter is clean and clear of any items/objects.
5. Re-insert the filter and screw in to place in a clockwise direction.
6. Close the access panel once again.
7. Check that your drain hose is un-kinked and unblocked.
Important! The drain hose will have a minimum and maximum height for its connection. It's important that your installation complies with the min and max for your particular model as this will dramatically effect your appliance performance. I.e. The GGSFLW60 has a min connection height of 60cm (it must be above 60cm from the floor) and a maximum height of 100cm (it must not exceed 100cm from the floor).
8. Check that the waste pipe that your front load washing machine is connected to is also not blocked. If you can remove the drain hose and run some water through it to clear it, this is ideal.
9. After waiting the minimum 15 minutes, plug your washing machine back into its power point and switch on.
10. Try running a program.
- If your machine has not been draining, please try running the Quick 15 program.
Note: This drain pump filter should be checked and cleared every 10 or so washes to ensure longevity of your appliance.
If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve your issue or you require further assistance with walking through this steps, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 11 4357. We are on hand Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm AEST.